alice810, as you've discovered, it's not uncommon for accommodations to book up many months prior to OktoberFest. You indicated that 90% are fully booked - I'm assuming you'll be contacting the remaining 10%?
One possibility you might consider would be to stay in a nearby town, rather than in Munich. One town you could have a look at is Augsburg, as it's only about a 30-45 minute trip by train into Munich. Of course, this would add slightly to your budget for transportation expenses.
It's possible that other travellers going to OktoberFest may also be thinking of staying there, so if any of the Hostels have vacancies, it would be a good idea to book soon. If the Hostels in Augsburg are booked, have a look at lodgings in other towns close to Munich.
Post by madamtrashheap on Apr 10, 2009 4:56:36 GMT -5
Accommodation for Oktoberfest starts booking up as soon as the 'Fest finishes the year before. Have you tried The Tent www.the-tent.com/ ? If it's already full, then try Eagle's suggestion as you'll find that many people also do the same so you won't be alone on the train, plus it let's you see yet another part of Germany.
I've checked The Tent. The period that I wanna book is fully booked already so I will resort to Augsburg. I have a few questions here.
1. As I find difficulty to read the map on the HI Hostel website, is it close to the train station? 2. What can I see around in Augsburg tho? 3. Which train can I take to Munich? Can I have the website?
Thank you so much!You guys really save my life lol.
Post by SantaKlaus on Apr 17, 2009 15:41:05 GMT -5
At Wombats Hostel, we (I work there) release all our beds on June 1st, noon local time. We appear as booked up on tthe booking sites not because we´re actually booked up, but because we do NOT YET take bookings.
You can try that. There´ll be a lot of demand, so if you intend to book for a weekend (esp. the first), it´ll be a lottery. You´ll have to enter your details really fast and hit the "confirm" button immediately. The weekdays take longer than just a few minutes so sell out.