I plan to travel to Prague on Sept or Oct 2010. So much in my mind.
1. I need to secure a travel visa (schengen visa most probably). I'm confused which country to take the visa. My 1st destination is Prague (so i must get from Czech Embassy) but im taking the transfer plane in Amsterdam to Prague. Should i get a trasit visa for Amsterdam?
2. I wish to experience Autumn. How cold is it and what to expect?
3. Which area in Prague should i stay?
4. Where to buy good and cheap prague shirts? how much by average it cost?
Sorry for the delay. I haven't checked here in a while, but since you still have some time, I'll do my best to answer your questions:
1) I'm not sure where you are from, but if you are American you will not need a visa for stays 90 days (out of 180). I believe this is the same for Canadians, though the Czech Republic is threatening to retaliate for Canadians re-imposing a visa on them.
2) September or October is not too cold. You will likely need pants and a jacket, but it's not too bad. This year, we actually had some snow in October, but it was very short-lived. Be prepared for some rain.
3) For a first time visitor, I would recommend staying somewhere in the center or Prague, or in the wider center. Public transportation is really good and relatively simple to learn, so getting around shouldn't be much of a problem. If in the center, most things are walkable, and seeing the city on foot is definitely worthwhile.
4) Can't help you here. I do most of my clothes shopping when I go home :-)