My two friends and are planning our first trip to Europe this summer. We are going on a trip to Israel so we will be starting our trip from there and we must end there as well. Any advice on anything would be greatly appreciated!
1. Tel Aviv (May29-31)
2. Athens (May31-June 1)
3. Milan (June 1) - we are not staying in Milan, just using it for the airport.
4. Venice (train June 1) (June 1-4)
5. Florence (June 4-6)
6. Rome (June 6-9)
7. Naples (June 9-10)
8. Barcelona (June 10-14)
9. Madrid (June 14-17)
10. Granada (June 17-19) (day trip to Cordoba)
11. Malaga (June 19-20) - We would just like some beach time in Costa del Sol, our stay doesn't necessarily have to be in the city of Malaga)
12. Paris (June 20 – 27) - we have a free place to stay for the week so any recommendations for day trips would be great
Most attractions of Paris Eiffel Tower, La Conciergerie, Musee d'Orsay, Musee du Louvre, Sacre-Coeur, Sainte-Chapelle, Arc de Triomphe, Bohemian Paris, Hotel de Ville, Musee Picasso, Notre Dame de Paris, Musee Rodin, Atelier Brancusi,
Post by madamtrashheap on Jun 15, 2012 22:29:15 GMT -5
mel247, a belated welcome to GFE!
Your itinerary looks pretty good - you've allowed a good amount of time in each place and you can also do day trips from some of the places you've listed.
As you're already underway (halfway!) and possibly not checking the boards (why would you - you're on holidays!) I won't write too much, except to suggest that the 6 days you have in Paris will allow for a half day tirp to Versailles plus maybe a day trip to either Epernay (champange) or Giverny (Monet's garden) if you're interested. Otherwise spend the time in Paris and just wander around to soak it all in...in between museums, cafes, bars, etc!
For Amsterdam, you'll find plenty to see and do in the time you have so don't plan any day trips this time around.